Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day reflection

Man--this weekend was SO BUSY.  SO MUCH FUN.  (Tinge of loneliness.)  All in all, SO GOOD, and A really is my best friend, and we really do love each other so much.  That part is awesome.
 
She's not a grown up. She is totally egocentric (as she should be). But there's nobody like her. Like "us".  She tries me and tests me and stretches me and makes me better. She teaches me love and patience, and makes me want to give, and give, and give... and then keep giving.
 
The song "Never Be Alone" by Lady Antebellum just came on. 
 
And with the sometimes-loneliness of life right now, I am forced to remember "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 
And I think my Mother's Day reflection with my God and my charming, delightful 3 year old beauty must be "never be alone."  Oh so sweet.  The sweetness definitely wins!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment