Monday, August 13, 2012

Letter to my baby

My dearest Adria,
You turned 22 months old over the weekend, and when I thought of it my breath caught in my chest. You are so lovely, so smart, so fun, growing so well--and so fast.

I am beyond proud of you. You are exceptional a being one and a half, a happy, affectionate, wonderful toddler. And you completely steal my heart.

We're working on a lot of things around here--potty training, sleeping all by yourself in your big girl bed, going between mommy's house and daddy's house, watching Mommy's tummy grow and getting used to the idea of a baby sister, all the while making friends with Avery and Cameron at school and talking up a storm. It strikes me as odd that I'm intentionally training you NOT to need me in the middle of the night when you wake up. I should hold onto every moment you want to hold onto me! But with your soft blue eyes, warm hugs, blonde pigtails and beautiful smile, you are growing up before my very eyes.

You are a delight and such a source of joy and life for both me and your daddy. We both love you impossibly much, and want to spend our time with you. You were a precious gift in my life and in our family when you were born, and you are a blessing and a gift in my life and in our family now.
Two things I want to say in closing to the both of us-- in these days, and for our futures: don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright. And we will always be there for each other, you and me. Even when your little sister joins us, even if you move to another continent. I will always be your mama, such a privilege and honor for me, and I promise always a source of love and a heart for your good, for you.

I. Love. You.
Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment