Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ten months old

I have a ten month old!

I will not continue with these monthly updates once my darling daughter reaches the ever important one year mark, which is barrelling down on me, but for now these little monthly updates are sweet to me. There is so much development happening, so much change. So much to treasure and remember, so much to delight in.

Something occurred to me the other day. Plenty of people have told me that I've got a mama's girl. And that's definitely okay with me! But it occurs to me the very high priviledge I hold with this little wonder-girl. Nobody will know the unparallelled delight of being the one she wants. The one who can comfort her more than any other. The one who knows her better than any other. And probably the one who loves and delights in her more than any other. It is a high calling to be mother to this little precious and to give my love with all my heart. And an even greater priviledge to be loved by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment