Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Adria's 7 months!

My dearest daughter,
It's hard to express how proud of you I am. It's not the things you do that make me proud, which are sweet and fabulous in and of themselves, but it's just you being you.
I came into your daycare at lunch the other day just to visit, and you and the two younger girl babies in your room all ended up having floor time together, and it was one of the most delightful experiences watching you love on and make friends with the other two girls. You were the oldest, but none of you were crawling yet (yet!), so you three just babbled and blew bubbles and flapped your arms and looked at each other--three happy, sweet, excited baby girls. You (we) have so many wonderful times to look forward to!
So listen. There will be times you make mistakes in your life. There will be times you end up disappointed, and sometimes disappointed in yourself. And that's ok, because we all learn and are shaped by those times. There will be times when you are NOT the coolest girl on the block, as difficult as those times are to imagine right now. But keep on loving other people, and remember that my love for you isn't based on what you do. Or sometimes don't do. But it's all because you're YOU, darling. And I have to say, that is pretty fabulous.
I love you muchly, you are a delight to me. And I will always be,

Your loving mama

No comments:

Post a Comment