Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring has sprung!

I always love this time of year, after the last freeze, when Jason and I both get stirrings to get active in the yard, when things start blooming and turning green-from-brown.

I planted our little garden yesterday evening, and am always so anxious to see things start to sprout up. Romaine lettuce (already started, so the only thing sprouted yet!), baby carrots, peppers, cukes, tomatos, yellow squash, string beans, and even basil and cilantro. Stir up the cold earth, add dirt, plant seeds, mulch, water, and wait. I can't wait.

I love this time of year.

As an aside, we've semi, kind of been introducing a few vegetables to Adria, which she hasn't been too keen on. She loves her rice cereal and will eat with abandon! But the yellow squash and white potato she's tried so far... She fakes a little baby gag and pushes the offending veggies out with her tongue. So, we'll just have to keep mixing with rice cereal for now. It may be a bit far off to be excited for her to get to enjoy the fresh produce from our little garden, but the fruits of our labor are a bit far off now too, so maybe by the time we get our first harvest she'll be a little more willing. Hope so!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I wish I lived in a house with a little garden. It's been my lifelong dream. Hopefully it'll happen someday!

    Adria is too cute and too adorable. I can only imagine her reactions to veggies heh.

    ReplyDelete