Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Working it out (literally!)

I am overjoyed to announce that... (drumroll please)

I am within 10 pounds of my pre-baby weight! And actually within 5 of my pre-TTC weight! (Danged b.c.! And if you don't understand my abbreviations, well, you probably don't need to.)

Taa Daa! (Picture me with one foot forward, both arms up in the air, just beaming at myself.)

And, I think I've come across an exercise/weight-loss plan that may work for me long term. I have committed to doing a sprint triathlon with one of my dearest friends in June, so whether to lose the baby weight, just get back in shape, OR not drop dead the day of the tri, its time to get started. And this is what I'm planning--I'm going on the Grey's Anatomy work out plan!

Never heard of it, you say? That's because it's not really real--until now! See, we don't have cable, or sattelite, or even local t.v. stations in our house, so I'm getting myself hooked on watching Grey's Anatomy re-runs through Netflix, the catch being that I can't watch an episode unless I'm in our spare room on the treadmill, bike trainer, or doing some other fitness activity. But I WANT to watch the show... so voila! Instant motivation!

You may laugh that my MAIN fitness motivation comes by means of watching t.v. dramas, and that's ok. In fact, it's probably appropriate. But hey! It's worked 3 nights in a row so far! (Also the fact that I've dedicated the time in my schedule--after Adria is in bed at 8:30 but before I go to bed myself--has helped, along with the ever-loving support of my wonderful husband. Think "shoulders all the way to the ground, honey! That doesn't count as a sit-up! Come on!")

So... bye bye baby weight, hello pre-baby body and June-time triathlon!

(And what a wonderful welcome back to within 10 lbs of my goal weight--yay!)

So how does the Grey's Anatomy Workout play out? I'll keep you posted. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's worked 4 nights running, now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I am super impressed with your dedication...especially at the end of the day after a long day at work!

    ReplyDelete