Monday, February 14, 2011

I wanna know what love is

It's Valentine's Day, warm, sunshiney and absolutely glorious outside, and love is in the air!


I know love:

when my daughter first sees me, looks hard, and breaks into a smile that lights up her entire face.

or when my daughter makes the saddest face in the world, the one where her little mouth literally turns upside down and breaks my heart.

or basically anytime I see my daughter!

when I first get together with my mom after I haven't seen her for a while, and we spend the next few hours solid chattering back and forth.

when my husband warms up my side of the bed before I get in.

when my husband cooks for me.

when my husband sends me roses at work in the middle of the day (sometimes for an occasion, sometimes just because he's been thinking of me and wants me to have a good day! I just got some walked into my office!)

when I'm feeling weak, and my husband holds me, and lifts me up and restores my spirits.

or when my husband is feeling weak, and I can lift him up and restore his spirit!

or when my husband tells me that whatever happens, we're in it together.

when my friend from out of town comes back through and tries to make special arrangements to come and see ME.

when I get fun surprise packages in the mail that aren't advertising, selling, or charging me for something.

when I go outside and the sun is shining out of the clear blue sky over bright green grass and warm air seems to flood into your lungs.

when I'm invited for a girls' night out with a new group of girls and we spend all night laughing and I really feel a part of things.

when I get a long newsy email from an old, faraway friend I haven't heard from in a while.

when I get to reminisce with my dearest friends, whether over the phone, over the internet, or best of all, over a glass of wine.

when I first see my nephew, and he throws himself at me and we have a long, silly hug, or he compels me to chase him around the house only to let himself get caught with a "tickle me!"


I wanna know what love is! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment