Thursday, January 20, 2011

On this date 3 years ago...

On this date 3 years ago I made the best decision I ever have made, and married the greatest man I know--Jason King. Not that I'm biased at all, but I seriously think I got the best man in the world. Not to say that you other ladies don't have nice men too! But for me he is everything I want, even while we were just friends I measured other men against him, and I am going to keep him until the day that I die. That is IT! They say the first few years are the hardest, to which I say, I cannot wait to see what the rest of our years together look like!

Now, for a little perspective, it's not like we've got it easy. We both work really hard, and struggle with frustrations, limited vision, and dreams not yet realized. We disagree. We keep learning each other, and more ways that we are different than alike. But that's not to say incompatible.

I have long believed that the secret to our happiness comes from Philippians 2:3-4--"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." We don't always get it right, but that's what we're going for. And when we do get it right, there's nothing like our love in the world.

I love it that he shows me unexplainable and undeserved grace when I'm a fool, and make a fool of myself. I love it that he holds me when I cry and fall apart. I love it that despite my shortcomings and when I don't believe it myself he thinks I'm strong, and smart, and pretty. I love it that he knows that I give of myself to him, and that he gives of himself to take care of me. And I love it that he loves to make me laugh. The big loud one.



My man got us a sitter and took me to dinner at Season's 52 in Atlanta with a lot of silliness and those big loud laughs. What a fabulous night out enjoying my husband! Thank you baby! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Aww I remember when you guys were here just a few months after getting married. I can't believe that was 3 YEARS ago! You need to come back as soon as possible, seriously. I mean, I know - you have a little baby now and money is always an issue...but I'd just love to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to the 2 of you! We love you guys and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!!!! yay! happy anniversary! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete