Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A mother's midnight prayers

Oh Lord, give me the energy to get out of this bed to go take care of my baby!

Whoa! Was that a shoe I just tripped on? You've got to be kidding me!

My God, this incredible gift that you've given me is so overwhelming! I know you must love me so much, to share something so beautiful with me, and I do love her so much, God. I know that's the highest responsibility you've given me as her mother, and I do! Oh, God, how I love her!

Lord, help me to know what to do with her! When I can't get it right, when I can't comfort her, when I can't be with her, Lord, you get it right for her, comfort her, be with her! God, even though this life has its share of difficulties, I feel like you've chosen me for happiness, and I so pray that you choose her for happiness and blessing! God, choose her for your family, and reveal yourself to her and take care of her all the days of her life, please!

God, this job is more than I can handle, and I need your wisdom, and energy, and your love to flow through me to her. We're in over our heads financially, and God I don't know how you're going to put everything together, but won't you keep on taking care of us? Help me to figure out daycare, God. How can I go back to work and leave hr with someone else? I'm going to need your help with this one. And be with her Dad, Lord, and continue to pour your love out to him and reveal yourself to him.

I'm so glad I have you, because there's just so much in this life that is out of my control.

God, whisper over me the way I whisper to her, "I've got you". Let me relax and lose myself in you. I need you, Lord how I need you. In addition to all the things I think I need, just love me. Just let me rest in the shadow of your wings and let myself go in you.

And oh, God, don't let her wake up now! Let her sleep!

Wait a minute. Now seriously? He's snoring?

No comments:

Post a Comment