Friday, September 24, 2010

37 weeks

Today marks 37 weeks, which means our little baby bundle is officially full term! So basically whenever she comes is when she comes, no stopping her, and her lungs will likely have no problems. Yippie for my full term little girl!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and got 2 pieces of what I thought were good news. What I thought were very good news. #1 is that I do not carry the Strep B bacteria strain (which about a third of women do), which is just treated by antibiotics in an IV during labor and delivery. That way the antibiotics get to the baby while you're delivering, and if she's exposed to the bacteria, no biggie. But for me, I don't have to worry about it, and that just means one less thing I'll be hooked up to while in the hospital. It would have been fine to have to have the IV drip--and anything for my baby--but I think it'll just make things easier all along the way to stay away from machines and medication as much as we can. Plus, if I want to walk or move around or go to the ladies room, I won't be hooked into something. I think this is a very positive encouragement towards our hopes of going au naturel.

And the second piece of good news is that (here's fair warning that a little bit of TMI is on it's way) we're still not dialated at all--the door is shut, and baby girl is staying put for the time being! So, even though she's considered full term, she's still got some slow cooking to finish up, and she seems to be doing quite well. Just a happy little update for my happy little baby!



Totally cheesy, I know, but doesn't she look happy?? Jason just laughs and shakes his head any time I do this! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture...that is hilarious! Glad to hear you don't have strep and congrats on making it to 37 weeks! She's coming so, so soon...can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations baby Adria! You've almost made it all the way :) Only a few more weeks (or days now!) and you'll be out meeting this world, wearing that happy face your mama has drawn on her belly more often than any other, because you will be so loved and blessed.

    ReplyDelete