Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quickening

Well, it hasn't happened in a shocking, sure fashion, as I was kind of expecting and hoping it would. But I just have this growing sense, from almost imperceptible feelings in my belly, that there is life down there. Sometimes I'll try very purposefully to sit very still and feel what I can feel... and it's never anything certain. But whether it's a flutter, or popcorn popping, or a hardening, or underwater waves, or anything else, every now and then, usually NOT when I'm trying to feel anything, I'll just get this sense of... life.

Admittedly I haven't practiced the most patience in waiting to feel something. And I haven't followed the strictest advice (which is basically drink some OJ and lie on your back to feel what you can feel). And I keep wanting to put my hands on my belly now and see if I can press and feel anything that way... but then all I feel is my pulse, and I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm trying to feel. So for now it's just an awareness of my growing uterus and wondering what amazing acrobatic feats may be going on down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment