Saturday, March 13, 2010

2-21-10 Telling my parents

I wanted so badly to tell my parents they were going to be grandparents in person, but since my Nanny has been so sick, it was hard for them to make plans to get away, so when I couldn't wait any longer, I told Jason we were just going to call.

My mom answered the phone, and when I asked her to have dad pick up (which isn't something we ever do), I think she may have been afraid of what was up! But once dad got on the phone, I told them I had Jason there too, and we had some news for them I couldn't wait to tell them--they were going to be grandparents again!

And then, on the other end of the phone--silence!

Finally Dad kind of chuckled and said, "what have you two been doing!"

--Ackward!--
Jason and I just looked at each other, and then he piped up, "uh, nothing sir!" But by then Dad was laughing, and he told us, "your mother is on the other end of the phone just boo-hooing!"

And then her whispered voice piped up--"how long have you known?"

At this point, I wasn't really sure what was happening on the other end of the line--was she happy? Were they upset? Was she breathing??

"As long as we've been trying to get you guys to come up!" I told her, and she started to sound a bit more normal. But it's clear--we surprised her!

She recovered nicely once she got over the shock and managed to stop crying, and we too, enjoyed a nice chat about what things had been like when I was a baby, and before long they were asking questions and helping to make plans and I knew, they were happy tears.

Welcome little baby King!

No comments:

Post a Comment